Saturday 5 March 2011

The Transfiguration

Tomorrow the Lectionary Gospel reading is Matthew 17.1-9; the transfiguration. The West window at St Michael's is a beautiful depiction of this. Usually when I preach about the transfiguration I encourage the congregation to turn round and look at the window; it makes a wonderful visual aid. Each time I have done this I have been surprised by the number of people who tell me they haven't really noticed it before.
 
No matter what time of day you go into church this window always seems to shine out. Even on a fairly dull day the window seems to pick up the best of the light. In the summer particularly you often get the light playing through the window creating patterns on the floor and pillars and at times we have a stained gass ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment