Monday 9 August 2010

Endings and beginnings

In many ways it seems ages since my Sabbatical. It's always amazing how quickly you get back into the usual routine whether away for a few days or for longer. Despite my good intentions I haven't taken many photos since returning to work and those that I have haven't really inspired me into reflection. I have been thinking quite a bit about my Sabbatical and have managed to mention it in sermons on 2 out of 3 Sundays!
 
I enjoyed keeping my blog during the Sabbatical and have found myself missing updating it but haven't really felt I've had anything much to post. I caught a snippit on tv the other evening ( I can't remember what the programme was) which reminded me of these words from The Four Quartets and thought that they were perhaps an appropriate reflection at this time of endings and beginnings.
 
Little Gidding V

 

We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time.

 

T. S. Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment