Saturday 31 July 2010

First week back





I can't believe that I've already been back at work for a week already. It's been surprisingly tiring trying to catch up with what happened and whats not happened during my 3 months away. It's been great to see people again and to be able to spend time chatting and catching up with folk. A highlight has been having a cuddle of the youngest member of the congregation - just over one month old and she was definitely smiling at me!


I was ready for my day off yesterday. Richard and I went up to Hylands Park near Chelmsford where we enjoyed a walk before having lunch in the cafe. It was the first time we'd been there and Richard was amazed to see the amount of work that had been done one the house and grounds as he has memories of playing there as a teenager.


There were loads of butterflies and dragonflies darting around, too quick for me to take photos. The original gardens and parkland were designed by the landscape gardener Humprhey Repton who lived for some years in Gidea Park.


Our journey home was delayed by an accident on the A12. As we sat in the traffic an air ambulance arrived as did several fire engines, a police car and an ambulance.

No comments:

Post a Comment