Saturday 24 July 2010

End of my Sabbatical

I'm officially back at work today (and I have been working,) but a few final postings from the last couple of days.

The smoke billowing around as the candles were snuffed out in chapel made me think of Psalm 141

O Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me.
Hear my voice when I call to you.
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

I felt I really ought to finish my Sabbatical postings with a reflection, hence the picture of the candle reflected in the chalice.

3 comments:

  1. Love these final photos, as I have appreciated many of the photographic and written reflections you have posted. Don't stop now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its happened to me again! it crashed halfway through a posting so this may appear again!

    welcome back to the land of meetings and minutes, lavender bushes and laurels, lost brooms and lost souls, reports and raffles, tea parties and wedding parties, silly people and sad people, scouts and guides and sunday guides,
    hand shaking, early waking, church heating, another meeting! And best of all - coffee with those who missed you (its brewing now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos - very atmospheric!

    Sabbaticals end too soon, don't they?

    ReplyDelete