Friday 7 May 2010

Things ain't what they seem

This might look like a picture of a tree against the night sky but it's actually a reflection of a tree in the bonnet of Richard's car. How often appearances are deceptive, we see something and make all sorts of assumptions about what we think. If only we spent a bit longer looking more carefully we might hope to get closer to the truth.
 
I spent part of the afternoon chatting about and reflecting on the use of photos I've been taking so far. It was really useful (Thanks Jonathan!) and something I need to continue with. We talked about whether I had an aim with the photos but I think that rather than being too directive I probably need to be fairly open about where I am going with them and where they'll take me. I was reminded of my thoughts of pilgrimage and how the journey is an important part of getting to the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment